After almost seven months’ working in temporary offices, Instructional Design Services (IDS) moved back to FOC 17 on December 17. On May 29, IDS moved to FOC 2 so Building 17 could get some much-needed maintenance. Among the more visible changes:
- Roof repaired and restored (no more leaks!)
- New copper flashing
- New, energy-efficient windows
- Power-assisted front door
- Wheelchair ramp is under construction
We appreciate that the College is improving the former army hospital’s integrity, accessibility and efficiency while respecting its historic character.
IDS has had several personnel changes in 2015:
- John McAdam and Darlene Richardson retired as director and secretary, respectively.
- Alex Garrison took a job at a software company and teaches INFO 1001 as an adjunct instructor.
- Loeatice Finerty is our new department secretary.
- Mary Ball is our new digital instructional designer.
- Chuck Davis gained the title instructional technology manager.
And on January 4, 2016, Mike Keating will start as online course support technician.
Come see us in the new, improved 17, and Happy Holidays!