We’ve Moved!

Welcome to the new home of IDeaS from the Sandbox, the blog of Instructional Design Services at Metropolitan Community College. We’re glad you’re here.

I started blogging for IDS on a free WordPress.com shortly after I started in the department last year. Our first post — a Q-and-A with our department director, John McAdam — went live Dec. 12, 2013. As time went on, I found it fun to learn how to write in a technical way by posting guides to MCC instructional technology.

But it wasn’t until this summer that the blog really took off and became — at least I hope — a great resource for faculty. Thanks to our Blackboard migration and its subsequent deluge of tips, tricks and warnings, our average daily visitor count went from about 5 to at least 50.

Now that things have calmed down (a bit!) in our department, I’m happy to have moved my Blackboard tips, online instructional design links and all 200-plus posts to a brand-new self-hosted site at blogs.mccneb.edu/ideas. That move is the result of some behind-the-scenes work to set up a WordPress network on a MCC-operated server. Our very own WordPress installation will give us a lot more control (and will remove all the ads) on the new site.

I’ll keep the posts up on the WordPress.com site so that any links out there will still work, but will change the homepage (ideasfromthesandbox.wordpress.com) to an announcement that we’ve moved. And I’ve already got all the old content posted here on the new site, so please do check out the archives there.

I hope that you’ll also subscribe to our new site by entering your email address in the “Get IDeaS in your email” box. And let me know what you think of the new site with an email to acgarrison@mccneb.edu or by using our feedback form.

Here’s to another great year of blogging!

See also: How to Use the IDS Blog

Like this post? Consider subscribing! It's super easy to subscribe to the blog to get all our new posts by email.