A sandbox is a place to play and be creative. Our sandboxes are physical and digital spaces where educators experiment with instructional technology.
IDeaS from the Sandbox is the blog of the Instructional Design Services department at Metropolitan Community College in Omaha, Neb. We’re the key faculty resource in applying the latest learning technologies to diverse online and on-campus classrooms.
At IDS, we …
• consult faculty on the best use of instructional media;
• produce media to support learning;
• provide technical support for tech-enhanced learning activities;
• conduct hands-on training on the latest teaching software and web tools;
• research, recommend and implement state-of-the-practice, cost-effective solutions in teaching, learning and communication;
• teach instructors (and students) basic computer, web and mobile device literacy;
• remain committed to quality, service and innovation.
We also have a lot of fun.
- Get to Know IDS: Alex Garrison, Online Course Support Technician
- IDS Back in FOC 17
- Join Us Sept. 2 for Faculty Development Day
- 3D-Printed Working Transmission Shows Off IDS’ Skills and Services
- Get to Know IDS: Mary Ball, Digital Instructional Designer
- Faculty Insights: Thankam Samuel Aims to Inspire Self-Assurance in Math
- Learning More About Mobile-Focused Instructional Design
- IDS Proud to Participate in 2015 NETA Conference
- Rapid Prototyping in a Space for Innovative Ideas: Welcome to the Fab Lab
- A Year in Blogging
- Annotate Photos with ThingLink
- IDS’ Sharyn Leigh Honored with ‘Heart of Metro’ Award
- We’ve Moved!
- Get to know IDS: Charlie Cogar, Multimedia Specialist and Producer/Director
- Get to know IDS: Chuck Davis, Instructional Technology Manager
- Get to Know IDS: David Burget, Multimedia Design Specialist
- Get to know IDS: Curtis Bryant, Online Course Administrator