Fred Krug Brewing Company

Fred Krug Brewing Company was founded in 1859 in Benson and it was the first brewery company in their neighborhood at that time. The company was located at 2435 Deer Park Boulevard in Omaha Nebraska when the business first started. Later on, in 1894 the brewery moved to 29th & Vinton Street near South Omaha. The company is specialized in the manufacture and the sales of beers. The company brews Luxus beers brand which reflects the beauty of it production. By 1880 it produced twenty-five thousand barrels annually and was the largest brewery in the state. The Fred Krug Brewing Company stopped operating during Prohibition and resumed operations in fall 1933 following the law's repeal. Three years later, the Fred Krug Brewing Company was sold to Falstaff. The company closed in 1891 after being opened for 30 years. The company has a landmark at the top of the building which allowed a lot of people to easily recognize it.

Photo property of Douglas County Historical Society, reprinted here for educational purposes only.

By Haryane Koutchanou-ARTS 1120

Fred Krug Brewing Company was founded in 1859 in Benson and it was the first brewery company in their neighborhood at that time. The company was located at 2435 Deer Park Boulevard in Omaha Nebraska when the business first started. Later on, in 1894 the brewery moved to 29th & Vinton Street near South Omaha. The company is specialized in the manufacture and the sales of beers. The company brews Luxus beers brand which reflects the beauty of it production.  By 1880 it produced twenty-five thousand barrels annually and was the largest brewery in the state. The Fred Krug Brewing Company stopped operating during Prohibition and resumed operations in fall 1933 following the law’s repeal. Three years later, the Fred Krug Brewing Company was sold to Falstaff. The company closed in 1891 after being opened for 30 years. The company has a landmark at the top of the building which allowed a lot of people to easily recognize it.

Related: Fred Krug Co. Packing Bottles

More South Omaha history